Sunday, December 14, 2008

Couldn't have said it better myself

I digress from my usual focus on Mexico and the drug war to salute a fellow war correspondent for his bravery in the line of duty. Muntather Zaidi, an Iraqi correspondent for Al-Baghdadiya, a satellite TV channel that broadcasts from Cairo, hurled both of his shoes at President Bush during a recent visit to Iraq. "This is a gift from the Iraqis. This is the farewell kiss, you dog," he reportedly yelled as he threw his shoes. "This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq."

I'd also like to dedicate Mr. Zaidi's shoes to the journalists George W. Bush has put in danger during his painfully long time in office. Just to name a few instances:
So President Bush, if you ever come to Mexico I'll throw my shoes at you, too. I used to play softball, so mine might actually hit you.

Here they are, in all their glory: Mr. Zaidi's shoes barely missing President Bush's head:

Digg this submit to reddit

4 comments:

or Comment Using Facebook, Yahoo!, Hotmail, or AOL: